Marc Summers, legendary host of Nickelodeon’s Double Dare and current Food Network star is coming to Chicago to host IMPROVISED DOUBLE DARE, an improvised comedy homage to the popular 1980s game show, on Sunday, April 6, at ComedySportz! The show beings at 7:00pm.
The TV show Double Dare is ranked #29 in TV Guide’s list of the 50 Greatest Game Shows of All Time. Now, watch as ComedySportz Chicago’s House Team Sonic competes alongside audience members in tests of 1980s trivia, physical challenges, and improv games hosted by the Sultan of Slop Himself: Marc Summers. Participating audience members will have the opportunity to be rewarded with fabulous door prizes, just like on the TV show.
Marc Summers hosts Improvised Double Dare
April 6, 2014 at 7:00pm.
The ComedySportz Theatre
929 W Belmont Ave.
March Madnezz has gripped ComedySportz. Today, the divisions were announced for the ComedySportz Tournament of Laugher, beginning March 1 at 6pm. The ComedySportz Chicago Ensemble boasts members from around the country, and have been split into 12 divisions based on their alma maters. Join us in March and root for your favorite division to take the Championship!
"Shove it college basketball, you ain't got nothing on this four-week annual improv competition in which competing teams jockey for championship status!!"
March Madnezz Tournament performances take place every Friday and Saturday in March, ending with the Championship Round, Saturday March 29. Get your tickets now to the Championship Match or for any tournament game in March.
FACT: 98% of men say that they want their partner to think they have a sense of humor.
WE GOT YOU COVERED.
ComedySportz is the perfect spot for a fun-filled evening out, or for observing Singles Awareness Day (we have a bar). Special customized shows and shenanigans (not to be confused with tomfoolery) will happen all weekend long!
Call the Box Office at 774-549-8080 or
The ComedySportz Theatre is very proud to launch a new advanced training center program called The Chicago School of Professional Improvisation. The Chicago School of Professional Improvisation is aimed to help professionally inexperienced improvisers improve their skill set and achieve improvisational work at a professional level. Hear more details from our artistic team here:
to be put on our waitlist for next term***
• Disolving Genesis League in the summer
• Adding two new House Teams
• Last open audition for house teams is April 5th and 6th
• If you’re placed on a House Team, you will be on that House Team indefinitely
• 6 month program.
• Prerequisite: Completion of another improv training center
• Price: Early Bird $225, Regular $250
• Level 1: Cracking the Game
• Level 2: Creating Context and Environment
• Level 3: Advanced Musical Improv
• Level 4: Professional Application
• After graduation, the students will put on a 45-minute short show that will perform a four week run
• We will hold Ensemble Auditions in mid-September
• First priority for September auditions will go to graduates of The School, those currently enrolled in The School, and those already on House Teams
• Any additional slots will be offered to the general improv community